Plan for the day, after I meditate, do yoga and eat breakfast:
1. Catch up what I didn’t do Wednesday
- Vacuum all floors
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor
- Deep clean all kitchen surfaces
- Dismantle couches, fluff cushions, vacuum and spray with febreze
- Vacuum giant cat pillow and sprinkle with ‘nip. Laugh when cats roll around and fall off pillow.
- Wash and put away four more loads of laundry
- Take everything out of linen closet. Toss everything unnecessary. Rearrange everything that’s left and take stock of anything needed
- Make sure it’s easy to get to my meds and I can immediately see what’s running low.
- Be honest with myself about the various makeup and potions – have I used it in the last 3 months? Why not? If it makes me sad, toss it. (Note to self – you can barely take your actual medications, let alone the 3572 supplements you bought. Toss everything but the daily multi vitamin, and then take that sumbeech daily.)
2. Tackle The Big Closet What Holds All the Yarn
- Take everything on the floor out
- Vacuum the floor
- Put all the yarn into one of the existing yarn boxes. Rearrange as needed to accommodate materials for the Giant Afghan(tm). Dig out all the yarn crammed into random drawers in the rest of the apartment and stuff it into one of the existing yarn boxes. Yes, this means the giant stash in the coffee table. Do you even remember what you HAVE in there?
- Tidy the shelves and find homes for anything just randomly crammed somewhere “for later”.
- Put summer clothes in the summer clothes box.
- Make some kind of inventory of what’s in there and tape to the closet door. Let it percolate a little and think about what I really need and how best to store it.
- Purge anything that makes me sad or angry.
I’ll update as I go along.